Vintage and Shabby

Hi everyone! Our Every Saturday A Winner challenge is off to a rather slow start but it did increase the chances of winning for one lucky winner, so once she checks the winner channel I'm sure she'll appreciate the small number of entries for the first Saturday winner.  She won a $10 gift certificate to "Make it Crafty" digital store.

As for me, well I have two cards I would like to share with you.  I call them my blue and pink girls...not sure why...I just saw them as blue and pink.  Anyway I hope you like them.




I just love this image and I have used it over and over on several vintage cards.  This type of card is perfect for for mother's day or a birthday card for a mature lady.  I see it as a very versatile card. 

This card was based on a sketch and at the time I didn't feel like coloring an image so I opted to use a vintage photo.



Image: Internet Vintage Photos; CS: Bazzil; DP: Pion Designs; Wild Orchid Flowers, Spellbinders Decorative Oval and Scalloped Oval, Zva Pearls; Other embellishments from my stash.

Entering this card in the following challenges:

Sister Act Card Challenge #47 - Anything Goes (3/12)
Challenges and Candies #29 - Flowers (3/19)
My Creative Moments - WordPlay Saturday "Anything" (4/11)
Sunflower Field Designs - Birthday or/and Flowers (3/31)
Just for Fun Challenge - Anything Goes (3/27)
Treasured Times Challenge #13 - Anything Goes with Layering (3/14)




I found this image on Etsy after seeing it used on another card and just had to have it.  It took me a while to find it but I did!

She is so regal and elegant in her pink satin dress and hat.  I didn't want to add a lot of embellishments because the focal point should be the image.


Image: Purchased from an Etsy site; DP: Glitz; CS: Kraft and Cream; Inks: Walnut Stain; Spellbinders Decorative Oval, Prima Flowers and Pearls, Offray Lace and Computer generated greeting.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges also:

Sunflower Field Designs - Birthday or/and Flowers (3/31)
Challenges and Candies #29 - Flowers (3/19)
Treasured Times Challenge #13 - Anything Goes with Layering (3/14)

That's all for tonight, but before I leave I want to remind you that there is time to enter this Month's challenge and if you enter before the 15th you will have three more chances to win! and enter twice and you could double your chances!!

Thanks for stopping by and visiting with us.  Please come again real soon and don't forget to leave your comments below.

Hugs
Lesia


19 comments:

alex said...

Both stunning, love the mono feel of the first one and the beautiful pastel of the second
Hugs Alex x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous vintage cards! I really love the image you used on the top card - just beautiful! Love all your embellishments and flowers too!

shaz earl said...

Lovely card but sadly cannot be entered into our challenge as it's not Gruffie, House Mouse or Happy Hopper image sorry
Shaz DT Gruffies & Guests

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful vintage cards! Love all the embellishments!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Keti's Projects said...

Wonderful vintage card. I love all cute flowers you added.
Thanks for playing with us at Izazovi i sladkiši.

Ellibelle said...

Two beautiful creations! Really loving the color combos!
Thanks so much for playing along in my March wordplay saturday challenge!

kiwimeskreations said...

I love your pink and blue 'girls' - they are amazing images in themselves, and you have complemented them beautifully with you cards.
Blessings
Maxine

Michele said...

they are both lovely but the blue girl stops me in my tracks -- gorgeous! xo

Unknown said...

Hi thanks for taking the time to enter over at the just for fun challenge, we hope to see you again next month for another challenge. The colours work perfectly together on this entry, and the placement of the flowers around the image really make it stand out.
Cat DT member.

Mari said...

Very beautiful and elegant cards!
Thank you for joining us at Sunflowerfield Designs.
Hugs, Mari

Issys said...

Wow! Very pretty! Thanks for your lovely entry at Scrapping4FunChallenges.

Mz. Lela said...

These are absolutely beautiful!

kanatanewf said...

Beautiful vintage cards. Thanks for joining us this week at the Sister Act Card Challenge! Hope to see you again next week! Sheena B.

Unknown said...

Love the fabulous vintage images you used! Beautiful cards!

Angie C. D. said...

Love your beautiful elegant cards and the great details!! Thanks for joining us at scrapping4funchallenges. :D

Andreja said...

Beautiful in every way :-))
Thank you for joining us at "Izazovi i Slatkiši". Good luck and please join us again!
Hugs, Andreja

msafrocentric2012 said...

Nice cards but I am so attracted to that blue card.

Unknown said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!!! I love your blue girl, lol... the blooms are fab!!! xxx

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Hi, please visit our blog follow this link. http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.ch/2014/03/winner-winner-winner.html

Have a great weekend!
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...